GENERAL CONTRACT CONDITIONS
GENERAL CONTRACT CONDITIONS
The current Conditions of Contract comprise the legal terms of purchase through Compressor-Express webpage. By making an order using this website, you indicate that you accept the following conditions, in accordance with the Slovakian Government’s decree nr. 634/1992 on distance sales contracts, as terms of your contract with CE.
Please READ CAREFULLY before using this site to place an order.
1. About our company
Compressor-Express (here forth referred to as CE) is a web-based store dedicated to helping you find the correct air conditioning compressor for your car. We aim to provide an efficient service; ensuring as fast and trouble-free dispatch and delivery of your order as is possible. Postage and packaging is free in the following EU countries: UK mainland, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Checz Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Holland, Hungary, Croatia, Poland, Latvia, Litvania, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy, Romania, mainland Spain, Sweden mainland, Slovakia, Slovenia. In case of order from other country than foregoing please contact us. If there is custom duty, it should be covered by the customer. Our employees are prepared with the necessary training to offer you help and advice as you make your selection and information regarding the most convenient service providers based on both on reputation and proximity to your home. In addition to this, we provide maintenance tips for the products sold through our webpage.
CE has met all the conditions and possesses all the permits that necessary so as to comply with the E-commerce laws and regulations.
2. The contracting parties
The consumer contract takes place between CE as the supplier and the Customer as the purchaser
The Customer makes his order by clicking on the ORDER button and giving his invoicing and delivery address. CE will supply the product and make out the invoice accordingly.
CE does not accept responsibility for delays, loss or damage to goods as a result of either intentional or accidental provision of false or inaccurate information by the purchaser.
The Instant quote provided on our website is the contract price (including VAT) and it is payable via our website or international bank transfer (refer 9. Conditions of payment).
4. Company details
Name of Company : AutoMix
Head Office: Hovedkontor: Hortensveien 112, 3157 BARKÅKER
Tax number: --
Register number: -
E-mail: [email protected]
5. Confidentiality policy
CE guarantees that all personal data entered on our site will be stored securely and confidentially and will not be passed on to a third party under any circumstances.
6. How to make your order
After selecting the product you require and typing in the verification code you will need to click on the “Instant quotation” button. You should be able to see the price and availability immediately. You can place your order once you have provided a billing and a delivery address by clicking on the “ORDER” button.
The contract is binding once you receive our email confirming your order.
Before making your order, please feel free to contact us over the phone for further details, for instance information regarding expected delivery time.
7. How orders are processed
We will send you a confirmation email as soon as we get your order.
Your order will be processed within 24 hours and you will be notified about the expected delivery time. The average delivery time is 5 working days.
The parcel is delivered by a courier service.
You will be notified by e-mail about when to expect the product to be delivered within 24 hours of your order being processed.
You cannot collect the parcel from us in person as we operate solely via the website.
Postage and packaging is free in the following EU countries: UK mainland, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Checz Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Holland, Hungary, Croatia, Poland, Latvia, Litvania, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy, Romania, mainland Spain, Sweden mainland, Slovakia, Slovenia. In case of order from other country than foregoing please contact us. If there is custom duty, it should be covered by the customer.
Should delivery of the parcel be delayed, you will be entitled to cancel your order so long as you do so on the day that we inform you of the delay.
Always make sure you check the state of the goods being received ON DELIVERY. If the goods are damaged, write "DAMAGED" on the receipt certificate next to your signature. We cannot accept complaints about the state of the goods or packaging unless this is done.
9. Conditions of payment
We take payment from:
- Credit/Debit card: MasterCard, Visa, American Express etc.
- via Paypal
- International bank transfer
In Hungary, Slovakia and Romania COD is also possible. You have to pay the sum on the invoice to the courier.
10. Returning / cancelling
You may cancel your order within 8 working days from the date you placed the order.
In case you have already received the product you can still return it to us its original undamaged packaging, in a saleable condition, with your receipt and warranty documents within 8 working days of the date your order was delivered. You will be required to pay for the costs of retuning the product. We will refund 80% of the total on our invoice within 8 working days of the date we receive the returned product.
You have the option of returning the undamaged parcel in its original packaging in a saleable condition with your receipt and warranty documents if;
(a) you receive items which you have not ordered, we cover the shipping cost of changing the product to the correct one. At this point you have the right to cancel your order and we will refund 80% of the invoiced total on the day we receive back the shipped item.
(b) you ordered the wrong item, please let us know within 8 working days of date you received the part. In this case the costs of returning the product need to be covered by you. If you’d like to change your order we will help you find the correct product. You may cancel your order. In this case we will refund 80% of the invoiced total within 8 working days from when we receive back the shipped item.
Before returning the item, please contact our Customer Service over phone: +44 74 07768895 or by email: [email protected]
Compressors are to be installed as follows:
1. The installation is to be done exclusively by mechanics qualified in the installation of A/C compressors for cars following the technical instructions referring to the installation of this appliance.
2. Any modification to the compressor is strictly forbidden. On remanufactured compressors it may be necessary to swap the wire plug from the old unit to the replecament unit.
3. Discharge the gas from AC system with appropriate recovery equipment
4. Find and end all the factors leading to the defection of the old compressor before mounting the new one.
5. In most cases the defection of the A/C system is not caused by the compressor itself but by other parts of the system – you must find and rectify this underlying fault otherwise the replacement will fail.
Find and change these parts before installing the new compressor:
Expansion valve: In cases where the vehicle is equipped with an expansion valve, the expansion valve must be replaced.
Orifice tube: In cases where the vehicle is equipped with an orifice tube, the orifice tube must be replaced.
Paralell flow condenser: In cases where the vehicle is equipped with a paralell flow condenser, the condenser must be replaced.
Replace the free run pulley – which is typically installed on the alternator – (required in all cases where the AC compressor and alternator are driven by the same belt).
Inspect – and if necessary replace the belt. We recommend that all belt tensioners with a mileage higher than 150.000 kilometers must be exchanged). Please be aware that a defect belt tensioner can cause serious damage, not only to the compressor itself, but also the engine.
6. Remove the defect compressor and receiver drier
7. Flush the complete A/C system thoroughly with a special detergent (automotive A/C cleaning liquid) before fitting the compressor. Do not use alcohol or petroleum based solvents!
8. Before fitting the compressor, 50% of oil must be removed and later added when charging the system.
9. Install the replacement compressor without belt. When fitting replacement compressor it is sometimes necessary to have the fault codes removed from the car’s computer (ECU) memory otherwise the compressor may not receive the correct feed and will not pump.
10. Turn the shaft on the replacement compressor 10 revolutions by hand and install the compressor belt.
11. Install new receiver drier. Replace expansion valve or orifice tube and the condenser (if paralell flow).
12. Evacuate and recharge the AC system according OEM specifications.
We recommend to charge first 75% of the total gas charge and then within a period of 10 minutes add the remaining 25% with the AC system on maximum performance
13. Operate the AC system:
Measure the voltage over the electronic control valve, it has to be between 11-13V.
Observe the suction and discharge pressure and measure that the cabin temperature is getting lower.
Measure the temperature of the replacement ac compressor and make sure it is not overheated
14. Please make sure that the condenser fan starts up in the correct direction. (If the condenser fan(s) does not start up the compressor will continue to build up an abnormal pressure and that may result in a serious system break down.)
The guarantee for the ordered compressors is valid for 12 months from the reception – on condition the guarantee terms have been respected.
The guarantee is not valid if:
1. the mounting was not done by a qualified mechanic,
2. the barcode has been removed,
2. the breakdown results from inappropriate use,
3. the failure is due to the use of inappropriate tools, materials and spare parts,
4. the above mentioned instructions concerning the fitting of the product have not been followed entirely,
5. the compressor has deliberately been damaged following the receipt
Return of claimed goods:
Please contact Compressor-Express representative before returning of any goods.
You will receive a claim form that has to be filled up by your mechanic.
A copy of the commercial invoices about the spare parts as proof of replacement is required to be send with the filled-up warranty form.
A copy of the invoice from the installer must be attached to the claim.
Working on AC systems are for authorized specialists only!
The returned compressor has to be complete. Please do not disassemble the unit.
Nearly all defects found on spare compressor under warranty have involved damage from residues of the original failed compressor still remaining within the system or in the receiver drier.
Compressor damage during shipping:
If compressor was delivered in damaged packaging it is necessary to take a picture before opening the package and describe the package damages on the delivery documents.
12. Final statements
CE agrees to comply with the above stated directions. In using this website the Customer indicates that he/she fully understands and acknowledges the General Conditions of Contract.
The contract comes into effect as per the stipulations of the current General Conditions and with the confirmation of the Customer’s order and is terminated when the order is performed.
With regard to topics not covered above, please consult Art. 40/1964 of the Slovakian Civil Code which is to be applied along with the Slovakian laws referring to online commerce and distance sales, and other relevant articles.